Terms and Conditions
- A 50% deposit must be paid prior to confirmation of training of any A1/A2/Direct Access/Returning Rider/Advanced training course
- CBT bookings will only be confirmed with payment in full at the time of booking.
- Full payment for A1, A2, Direct Access, Returning Rider and Advanced training courses must be made five working days prior to the 1st day of training. Cheques will only be accepted if received and cleared by the day of training.
TREADS MOTORCYCLE ACADEMY CANCELLATION POLICY
- Customers must arrive on time to start their course.
- If the customer cancels giving 10 working days’ notice a full refund will be made minus a £25 admin fee however, if the booking is made within 10 working days of the course start date then the deposit is non refundable.
- If the customer cancels training without giving 10 working days’ notice the fee will be retained by Treads Motorcycle Academy.
- It is a requirement for CBT training to sign a separate declaration for the “on road” training element E, once element A-D are complete. Training fees (in full) will be forfeited if the declaration is not signed or if the Instructor decides the trainee is not competent and safe to ride on the road.
- If the customer fails to arrive on the day of training, deposits will be lost.
- If Treads Motorcycle Academy cancels your course or any part of then the customer will be offered an alternative date or an appropriate refund (see below for cancellations due to weather conditions).
- Treads Motorcycle Academy will not be held responsible for any Driving & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) test cancellations or failures. It is the customer’s responsibility to book any retest and to complete and return the appropriate compensation form (if relevant).
- If weather conditions are such that Treads Motorcycle Academy must cancel CBT, training will be rescheduled, or a credit note given (credit notes are valid for 3 months from initial training date).
- If weather conditions are such that Treads Motorcycle Academy must cancel A1, A2, Direct Access, Back to Biking or Advanced training, alternative dates will be offered where possible or an hourly rate applied with any excess being returned to the customer.
- If Treads Motorcycle Academy cancel your training, we will not be held responsible for, or offer any compensation for travel costs in getting to our training site.
- If Treads Motorcycle Academy must cancel any course due to the customer becoming a danger to themselves or the public, an hourly rate will be applied, except for CBT where no refund will be made. In this instance the CBT would have to be re-booked and paid in full in order to complete the course.
- Any payment for a course that is cancelled or postponed will be held for a maximum of 6 months from the original booking date, refunds will not be given after this date.
- Unwanted Vouchers – Refunds will only be issued on valid vouchers minus a £25 admin fee. Any discounts given upon purchasing vouchers will be deducted from the remaining balance (minus a £25 admin fee) and refund returned.
Customer documentation: The following are Driving & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) regulations and must be adhered to at all times on all courses
- It is the customers responsibility to ensure that all necessary and relevant documentation is valid and remains in their possession throughout their training.
- CBT – A valid UK provisional driving license with category A, AM or P (either plastic photo card or passport with older style paper licence)
- A1/A2/Direct Access license training/practical test – A valid UK provisional driving licence with category A or P (either plastic photocard or passport with older style paper licence) a valid CBT certificate and a valid motorcycle theory test certificate.
- Advanced and Returning Riders – A valid full UK driving licence with category A (either plastic photocard or passport with older style paper licence).
- Machine documentation if own machine is being used – Valid insurance certificate, MOT and valid road tax with L plates if required.
- Machine must be to current road traffic and construction and use specification.
- If the customer does not provide the necessary documentation or meet the eyesight check requirements (ability to read a vehicle registration number plate at 20.5 meters) with or without optical aids, the deposit will be forfeited, and training will not be able to commence.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to wear suitable sturdy clothing when undertaking motorcycle training (sturdy footwear covering the ankle i.e. walking boots etc (not steel toe cap boots, low cut trainers, canvas or office shoes) and preferably sturdy trousers, i.e. denim or leather). A jacket, helmet, gloves, Hi-Viz & waterproofs will be supplied by Treads Motorcycle Academy if necessary
- If a customer arrives wearing inappropriate clothing, Treads Motorcycle Academy reserves the right to cancel training without refund.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to inform Treads Motorcycle Academy of any learning needs at the time of booking.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to inform Treads Motorcycle Academy of any medical conditions at the time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation of training without refund.
- IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT THE CUSTOMER READS AND UNDERSTANDS “THE HIGHWAY CODE” BEFORE ATTENDING MOTORCYCLE TRAINING, ESPECIALLY CBT.
Damage or loss to equipment & insurance
- Treads Motorcycle Academy do not provide insurance to cover illness/personal injury or unplanned course cancellation.
- Treads Motorcycle Academy advise customers to make their own arrangements in relation to the above matter if they feel it necessary.
- Students are covered by a fully comprehensive insurance policy, provided through Treads Motorcycle Academy for the period of their course. However, Students agree whilst training, they are liable for their machine and compulsory excess may be charged for any loss or damage to machines or equipment that is the result of their negligence. A full price list of damaged or lost items will be made available on request.
Alcohol & drugs
- If in the opinion of Treads Motorcycle Academy, the customer is under the influence of alcohol or drugs (whether prescribed or not) Treads Motorcycle Academy reserve the right to cancel training without refund of payment.
Tiredness & Fatigue
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure they are capable of remaining awake and alert throughout the training. It is not advised to participate in motorcycle training if they have not slept the night before.
- If in the opinion of Treads Motorcycle Academy, the customer is too tired due to lack of sleep or any other reason they reserve the right to postpone or cancel training.
- All training is provided at the discretion of the school, Treads Motorcycle Academy reserves the right to decline training.
- Treads Motorcycle Academy will where possible match customers with equal skills, but this is not guaranteed.
- Treads Motorcycle Academy will where possible keep the customer on the same machine throughout their training course, but this is not guaranteed.
- Treads Motorcycle Academy reserves the right to halt or offer alternative training if a customer is deemed to be a hazard to themselves or any other member of the public. Any refund, partial or full is at the discretion Treads Motorcycle Academy.
Treads Motorcycle Academy operate a zero-tolerance policy on threatening or abusive behaviour in our workplace. We reserve the right to terminate the course without refund if subject to this type of behaviour. Any instance of this type of behaviour will be reported to the appropriate authorities.